IF EVER THERE WAS AN URGENT MEDICAL EMERGENCY FUND TO GIVE TOO,, THIS IS IT!!! If ever there was a time for our small towns to pull together for our own, THIS IS IT!!!! People from Moura and Biloela and afar we are emploring you to give as much as you can to help us with an urgent medical emergency that is every parent’s worst nightmare!
I am hosting this page on behalf of Meigan (Dittman) and Wayne Marxson and their gorgeous daughter Madison. Meigan and I grew up the absolute best of friends in Moura, going from Kindergarten through to graduating High School and have kept in touch ever since. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for her and her family, which is why I volunteered so readily to try and help them in their most dire hour of need with setting up this fund!! There is a group of us prepared to help them fight and we need your help too!!
Sadly Madison, their beautiful 2nd child, who is only 22 years old, was diagnosed with a very rare form of kidney cancer on the 9th of October 2018 and it has been a whirlwind of treatment starting immediately since then. Fortnightly trips from Biloela to Brisbane for immunotherapy which at first seemed to make an improvement, but devastatingly since April 2019 this is no longer the case and things have progressed quickly and need immediate attention!!
The only option left now for a fighting chance and extending time is to raise the money to help Madison go to Mexico for life-saving treatment Australia cannot offer, but is encouraging her to have. They know it is literally the last resort!! The treatment has been all planned out and is just waiting for her to get there!! There is no price on a life but we need to cover the costs for this beautiful girl to get overseas as quickly as possible to the Hope for Cancer Institute - Oasis of Hope, Mexico. They have an over 90% success rate in extending life by 2 years or even curing the cancer.
Please show the closeknit compassion and generosity we all know and love from our hometowns,, which will help us achieve this goal as quickly as we can! It will cover Madison’s travel to Mexico, over 200 life-saving treatments in a 3 week period, travel back to Australia, 2 follow up appointments at 3 and 6 months, and life-saving medications to continue at home. It has been completely planned out and itemised and approved and encouraged by her Australian doctors. Australia has no more treatment to offer. This is the ONLY option left.
I will attach Meigan’s words about Madison’s diagnosis, what she has been through already and is currently facing so you can understand just how much your help is so very needed and will be so very, very appreciated!! So whether you’re close friends, or knew them from school, played sport with them, rode BMX or MOTOCROSS with them, you’ve worked or working with them, your daughter or son went to school with them, or you knew or know their parents Jan and Toby Dittman, and Dennis and Marlene Marxon,, please please give to this amazing fund to help save a life!! In their shoes we would ALL want to give our child every possible opportunity to fight xxoo
Thank you for your help in donating xo
Nikii Threadingham xxoo
In Meigan's words:
“ 9 October 2018 - every parents worst nightmare came true for us. Our daughter Madison has been diagnosed with cancer. Metastatic non clear cell renal cell carcinoma with XP11 translocation to be precise.
The primary cancer tumour is on the right kidney and had spread to her abdominal lymph nodes, chest lymph nodes and the surrounding neck lymph nodes on the left. Immediate arrangements were made for further tests, scans and biopsy's and of course an oncologist appointment. We saw an oncologist at the Rockhampton Base Hospital on 22/10/19 who confirmed the diagnosis and told us there were no treatments available, no cure and that we should "take her home and enjoy the time she has left".
HELL NO!! We were not going to give up. After seeing Dr Dique again the following morning and our very dear friend Roseanne, many calls were made to find a new path and a new oncologist. From those calls, we found ourselves seeing a very sincere and beautiful doctor in Brisbane who put us on to one if his colleagues who specialised in renal cancers. There doctors gave us hope. From the moment our current oncologist met Madison, he was absolutely amazed at how well she look considering the extent of her disease.
Immediately he offered her immunotherapy - no guarantees of course but it was something. That was just the beginning of our fortnightly visits to Brisbane to have her immunotherapy infusion. Following the infusions, there were follow up scans every 8 weeks to monitor the disease progression or reduction.
The first scan was in January and by some miracle, we had disease reduction. Best course of action was to continue what we were already doing.
Scan time again at the end of April revealed a different view. It showed disease progression in the chest tumours so a second drug protocol was introduced to try and stimulate further reduction.
After a 12 week course of the two drugs, scan time again.
Not good news. The results showed disease progression in the chest, abdomen and a new lesion on the liver. All treatments ceased.
Sitting back in the Doctor’s office - uncertainty looming again. With the disease progression comes a lot of risk. Further progression of the chest tumours (set at the entry to her right and left lungs and the back of her heart) will create breathing issue in the surrounding blood vessels. Secondly, further progression in the abdomen tumours will press on to her aorta.
A course of radiation has been offered to target the chest area only as this area come with the highest potential for breathing difficulties in the near future. The body can only tolerate so much radiation in a lifetime so this course of treatment will be done once only.
We have to do something so we are taking our search for more treatments to a global scale. We have been offered the change go to the Hope 4 Cancer Institute. There Madison will receive 200 treatments over 3 weeks. Treatments are given daily over 8 hours - 6 days a week. She will also be given a 3 month supply of supplements and home treatments to continue with follow up visits at 3 and 6 month intervals included. All this comes at a treatment cost of $47,400 USD with the additional cost of return flights.
We cannot put a price on a life”.
- Julie Armstrong
- Greg Donald
- Cammi Donohoe family
- Kathy & Jason Cooper
Organizer and beneficiary